Heathfield has one pumping appliance and one 4x4 support vehicle crewed by Retained Firefighters.
Formed in 1923/24 by ten local volunteers called the Heathfield and Waldron Fire Brigade. Heathfield was one of the first Stations built after the War with the extension of a lecture room etc plus tower and drill yard soon after. The Station is geographically in the centre of East Sussex.
Encompassing the town with its 225 hectares, Heathfield Station also covers a further 8,675 hectares containing the villages of Broad Oak, Cross in Hand, Horam, Punnetts Town, Waldron, Three Cups and part of Dallington, Rushlake Green, Hadlow Down and Burwash Common, Maynards Green, Cade Street and Warbleton.