Barcombe has one pumping appliance crewed by Retained firefighters. The very first original Station was built at the rear of the old Barcombe Forge off the High Street in 1936. The current station was built in Weald View in 1968.
The Station covers an area of 8000 hectares with a population of approximately 11000 people. Fire cover for around 5000 hectares of the county is combined with appliances from West Sussex. These are Burgess Hill & Haywards Heath.
Barcombe support several villages including Ditchling, Newick, Plumpton, Sheffield Park and Wivelsfield Green.