Opened in 1957, as the second station for the Brighton Fire Brigade. The station was built to replace an existing station at Rottingdean.
Wholetime firefighters crew one pumping appliance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The station covers the eastern side of Brighton and is situated on the coast, north of the Brighton Marina village.
Roedean covers an area of 2400 hectares the station ground covers a wide range of larger premises such as Brighton General Hospital, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Sussex Eye Hospital, the Marina, Roedean Girls' School and St Dunstans. The station also provides support for Brighton and Newhaven fire stations.