Our Purpose and Commitments are at the centre of everything we do.
Whether responding to emergencies, working to prevent them happening in the first place or providing support, our firefighters, officers, control room operators, Business and Community safety teams, support staff and volunteers all play their part.
We are proud to serve East Sussex and Brighton and Hove City.
We make our communities safer
We will do this by:
- Delivering high performing services
- Educating our communities
- Developing a multi-skilled, safe and valued workforce
- Making effective use of our resources
- PROUD - We are proud of our Service and enjoy working in a positive environment - by continually improving our services and our organisation.
- ACCOUNTABLE - Serving our whole community - by providing a good, cost-effective service.
- INTEGRITY - Trust, integrity, initiative and innovation - by being open, honest and encouraging creativity.
- RESPECT - respect and dignity for all - by treating members of our community and each other in a way that values their individuality and by challenging discrimination and unsuitable behaviour.
By 2020, we aim to be able to show that:
- we have a transformed service providing effective and efficient prevention, protection and response services which are sustainable
- our fire stations are equipped and staffed in the most appropriate ways to tackle risks in their local areas
- our Service is taking advantage of the significant advances in safety and firefighting technology
- our work with other fire and rescue services, other emergency services, local organisations and local communities is giving us more capacity to deliver our services
- there is stronger community engagement and local involvement, with elected members of the FRA leading and setting priorities and decision making, ensuring that there is more public scrutiny of our services and how we deliver them
- greater use is being made of the rapid changes in communications technology, particularly the rise in the use of social media websites, which can provide important safety information quickly and effectively
Latest Update : 29 January 2019