IOSH Training Courses
IOSH Managing Safely Course (Four Days)
The Managing Safely course is a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance and with a sharp business focus.
Managing Safely - introducing a completely new approach to health and safety training, consisting of:
- A four-day course covering the health and safety management basics.
- First class technical content, based on what delegates need to know in practice.
- Clear scenarios that Managers can relate to.
Who should go on Managing Safely?
Managing Safely is for Managers and Supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It's designed to get Managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
What will you get out of it?
What you need to know and are perhaps reluctant to learn about. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of your job.
What will an employer get out of it?
Nationally recognised and certificated training for their Managers and Supervisors together with effective management of health & safety in their organisation.
Managing Safely covers:
- Introducing Managing Safely - This first module makes it clear that Managers are accountable for their teams and makes a persuasive case for managing safely.
- Assessing Risks - This module demystifies 'risk' and 'risk assessment'.
- Controlling Risks - Here the session tackles the best techniques to control key risks.
- Understanding Your Responsibilities - Covers how the legal system works and introduces health and safety management systems.
- Identifying Hazards - All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module.
- Investigating accidents and incidents - The session starts with why accidents should be investigated and goes on to cover why things go wrong.
- Measuring performance - Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
- Protecting our environment - A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution.
For more details visit the IOSH website.
An IOSH 'Managing Safely' certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical examinations.
The cost of the Managing Safely course is£630(VAT exempt) per delegate, which includes course workbook, refreshments, lunch and certificate.
13 – 16 May 2019
- 10 – 13 September 2019
- 09 – 12 December 2019
IOSH Managing Safely Course Booking Form
IOSH Working Safely Course (One Day)
Working Safely is one-day course offering all the basics in a high impact interactive package with fantastic quality animated graphics created exclusively for the course.
Who should go on Working Safely?
Working Safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a basic understanding of the essentials of health and safety.
What will you get out of It?
What you need to know - and are perhaps reluctant to learn about - in a refreshingly informal way. It focuses on how individuals can make a real difference to the wellbeing of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
What will employers get out of it?
Nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their teams.
Working Safely covers:
- Introducing Working Safely - This module emphasises the importance of personal responsibility.
- Defining Hazard and Risk - This module demystifies 'risk assessment'.
- Identifying Common Hazards - Using examples and recognisable scenarios to reinforce the key learning points.
- Improving Safety Performance - Bridges the gap between management and workforce.
- An IOSH 'Working Safely' certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete the written and practical assessments.
- Title - Working Safely
- Length - One Day
- Target Audience - Staff at any level in any work sector
- Content - All the health and safety basics plus environmental issues
- Assessment - Written and practical tests included in the day's training
- Proof of learning - Certificate or 'passport' card
The cost of the Working Safely course is£150(or£155 if a passport is required) (VAT exempt) per delegate, which includes course workbook, refreshments, lunch and certificate.
- 08 May 2019
- 02 September 2019
- 05 December 2019
IOSH Working Safely Course Booking Form
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Course (One Day)
IOSH Managing Safely certification remains valid for 3 years; a refresher day taken within this period extends certification for a further 3 years.
- 06 June 2019
- 06 August 2019
- 18 October 2019
- 02 December 2019
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Course Booking Form
For further information contact: The Health & Safety department East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters
BN7 2DZ Telephone : 07876 133609
Fire Training Courses
We offer a number of Fire training courses for the business community which aim to improve awareness and encourage delegates to give greater consideration to fire safety at their place of work.
All courses involve theoretical input combined with realistic practical training activities. Our experienced instructors actively encourage delegate participation, presenting all attendees with the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience ina safe training environment.
Training sessions can be delivered at our purpose-built Training Centre in Maresfield close to the town of Uckfield, or at the customers' own premises. Our Training Centre's facilities include comfortable modern teaching rooms and purpose-built practicaltraining facilities, which include real live fires for effective and engaging training activities.
Practical Fire Extinguisher training can also be delivered at our customers' sites with our unique mobile fire extinguisher training unit. This equipment produces highly controlled live fires which are totally safe, fuelled by clean-burn propane gasand therefore do not produce any smoke. The fires will not leave any residue at the training venue.
Our customer-focused approach to training delivery ensures that whichever option is selected, customers can be assured that the training will suit their specific requirements. All courses can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Please refer to the files that are accessible below for further details and images of our courses.
Fire Safety at Work
Practical Fire Extinguisher Training
Fire Marshal/Warden Training at your site
This training is built upon the standard 3 hour course with a greater focus on prevention and performing a supervisory role in workplace fire safety.
If further information is required or you wish to discuss your training requirements or you simply want to have an informal chat about Fire training, please contact:
Raj Baksi (Commercial Training Manager)Email:email@example.comTelephone: 01323 462 141
We promise to offer quality, safety and value for money. We look forward to hearing from you.
Fire training course on-line feedback form
If you have attended one of our fire safety courses please take a few minutes for complete our on-line feedback form