Our survey to find out how much local businesses know about their legal responsibilities when it comes to fire safety has now closed, but you can still take advantage of our free business training.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service is calling on businesses, large and small, to be aware of the dangers of fire this festive season.
In particular retailers are being asked to make sure any excess Christmas stock is being stored so that it does not increase the risk of fire or blocks escape routes, and temporary staff know what to do in an emergency.
Festive Business Safety Advice
- Ensure fire escape routes are not blocked with extra Christmas stock.
- Be aware about storing combustible materials which can create a risk of fire.
- Packaging, cardboard and waste paper must be securely stored outside, not near buildings, and protected from the risk of arson.
- Regularly and routinely inspect fire alarms, emergency lighting, and firefighting equipment.
- Ensure any staff who you've taken on for Christmas know what to do in an emergency.
Take advantage of our free training
Introduction to Business Fire Safety is a half day course, full of information and guidance to help businesses manage their fire safety requirements.
For bookings and enquiries
Telephone: 01323 462143 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
1. The “Christmas Business Safety” Prize Draw is open to business people who provide their email address after completing the survey.
2. Employees/volunteers from East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service, members of the East Sussex Fire Authority or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service containing safety advice. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
5. To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the “Christmas Business Safety” survey and submit your name and email address. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at email@example.com putting “Christmas Business Safety” in the subject line.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete or cannot be entered for any technical reason.
8. The survey closes at noon on 12 December 2016 and the draw will take place that afternoon (12 December 2016).
9. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. We will notify the winner by email on the same day (12 December 2016). The winner must provide a postal address to claim their prize. The prize will be sent to the winner by post.
11. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited.
15. The winner will receive a hamper of goods, worth in total £50. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
16. East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to the collection, retention and usage of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your Prize Draw entry, and for the purposes outlined above.
Latest Update : 15 September 2017