Bank Holiday Monday incident round-up (26th August)
On the August Bank Holiday (Monday 26th), East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 11:26, firefighters from Hastings attended a fire in the open at a school on Parker Road, Hastings. Crews used beaters, fire buckets and a flex pack to extinguish the fire.
- At 15:00, firefighters from Heathfield attended a fire in the open on Moat Lane, Wardron. Crews dampened down the fire and made the scene safe.
- At 15:24, Brighton firefighters attended a flooding at a residential property on South Road, Brighton. Crews isolated the flood and carried out salvage.
- At 15:49, Brighton firefighters attended a fire in the open on Foundry Street, Brighton. Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 16:26, Hastings firefighters attended the Marina, St Leonards on Sea following reports of a bin fire. Crews used fire buckets to extinguish the fire.
- At 16:31, Lewes firefighters attended a residential property on Fairlight Field, Ringmer following reports of an out of control bonfire. Crews used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 17:30, firefighters from Bexhill and The Ridge attended a farm on Buckhott Lane, Bexhill following reports of a haystack on fire. Crews used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 20:14, firefighters from Lewes and Brighton attended a residential property on St Pancreas Road, Lewes following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released one person.
- At 20:26, Eastbourne firefighters attended Lavender Close, Eastbourne following reports of a fire in the open. Crews made the scene safe and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.
- On Tuesday 27th August at 05:11, Brighton firefighters attended the Old Steine, Brighton following reports of a fox cub trapped in a fountain. Crews rescued and released the cub.