East Sussex Fire Authority will welcome new members when it meets next week (13 June 2019).
Brighton and Hove City Councillors Marianna Ebel, Amanda Evans and Les Hamilton are joining the Authority.
The Authority is also welcoming back Cllr Steph Powell (Brighton and Hove City Council) and Cllr Peter Pragnell (East Sussex County Council).
The Authority will also be electing a Chair for the forthcoming year at County Hall in Lewes.
Members of the public are welcome to attend. The meeting begins at 10.30 and any visitors should arrive in good time for the start.
What does a Fire Authority do?
The primary duties of the Fire Authority are:
- To provide a Fire Service and to ensure its efficiency
- To provide the efficient training of members of the Service
- To ensure that efficient mobilising and communications arrangements exist
- To make arrangements to obtain information needed for firefighting purposes
- To make arrangements to ensure that the steps are taken to mitigate damage to property through firefighting
- To make arrangements to provide fire safety advice
- To make arrangements to give mutual assistance to other Fire Services
- To ensure that adequate water supplies are available for firefighting purposes
Find out more about the Fire Authority: https://www.esfrs.org/about-us/east-sussex-fire-authority/