Ever thought about becoming a firefighter?
If so, then Hailsham firefighters would like to invite you to join them for their exciting On-Call Have-a-Go evening, where you will have the chance to try your hand at a variety of job-related activities.
This event is being held at the station on 9th July from 18.30 to 20.30.
Station Manager Wright from Wealden said: “We are actively looking to recruit On-Call Firefighters at Hailsham and across a number of our stations. If you would like to find out more about this exciting and rewarding role we look forward to seeing you on the night”
Firefighters will be there to answer all your questions around applying for this role and it’s a chance for those interested in becoming an On-Call firefighter to get firsthand advice and experience.
Participants are advised to wear appropriate loose and practical clothing, as well as suitable footwear, such as trainers. Those taking part will have the opportunity to undertake a range of activities, such as fitness test, equipment carry, breathing apparatus taster.
Please note that car parking is not available at station but spaces can be found in the public car park, opposite the fire station.
On-call firefighters are ordinary people that combine their day jobs with being On-Call for fire and rescue situations and emergencies. When the call comes in, they drop what they are doing and become part of the East Sussex Fire and Rescue team.
It's a huge commitment, but an immensely rewarding way to serve the community, keep the public safe and earn an extra income.
An on-call firefighter could be called out two or three times a week, for a few hours at a time. The on-call hours are based around people’s availability and other commitments. To be an On-Call firefighter, you must:
- Have a strong desire to support the local community.
- Be enthusiastic about working as part of a team.
- Have a reasonable level of personal fitness.
- Live or/and work within 5 minutes of your local fire station.
- You will be required to be clean shaven for Health & Safety reasons, to ensure your Breathing Apparatus has a complete seal.
If you enjoy the event, remember to get your applications in now with a chance of being considered for this fantastic role: https://www.esfrs.org/about-us/careers/on-call-rds-firefighters/
Deadline for applications: 18 October 2019
- Written Tests: Early November 2019 TBC
- Interviews: End November 2019 TBC
- Physical Testing Day: 20 December 2019
- Induction weekend: 22/23 February 2020
- Core Skills: 02-13 March 2020
- RTC Skills: 28/29 March 2020