East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
Navigate

Have you got a tumble dryer?

Date : 10 April 2019


killer_in_the_kitchen_poste.png

White goods fires are more commonplace than you think, please ensure that you place a smoke alarm fitted near to your kitchen. Remember, 50% of fires start in the kitchen and an early warning could save your life, as well as minimise fire damage.

Overnight, we attended two further tumble dryer fires, highlighting the importance of electrical safety. Don’t forget to register your appliance, as this will give you an early information around any recall of products, with potential safety problems.

  • At 18:35, firefighters from Bexhill and The Ridge attended a fire in a residential property on Edinburgh Road, St Leonards.  The fire emanated from a tumble dryer.  Crews extinguished the fire and carried out a Home Safety Visit.   
  • At 01:31, firefighters from Hove and Brighton attended a fire in a commercial property on First Avenue, Hove.  The fire emanated from a commercial tumble dryer.  Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. 

Find out how you can stay safe in the home: https://www.esfrs.org/your-safety/safer-homes/

HSV-Box-Banner.png
Safe-Business-Box-Banner.png


Subscribe to our occasional newsletter

Find us on Twitter and Facebook and retweet or share our posts.


Please rate this page, was it:
Please rate this page!