Incident round-up 11th July
Yesterday, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 08:49, firefighters from Roedean and Lewes attended Chiltington Way, Saltdean following reports of a vehicle hitting a residential property. One van had struck the corner of a bungalow causing structural damage. The Technical Rescue Unit was requested because of possible structural instability. Firefighters ensured that the gas and electrics were isolated and used temporary supports to ensure that the building was structurally safe. A building control officer was requested and crews left the scene at 10:36.
- At 09:30, Brighton firefighters attended a bin fire on Montpellier Place, Brighton. Crews used fire buckets to extinguish the fire.
- At 09:34, firefighters from Uckfield and the Animal Rescue Unit from Crowborough carried out an animal rescue on Plumpton Lane, Plumpton. Firefighters rescued a pony who had become stuck in a river.
- At 10:17, firefighters from Battle attended Brightling Road, Woods Corner, Dallington following reports of a fire in the open. Crews used one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish approximately 80 tyres which were on fire.
- At 14:26, Bexhill firefighters attended a fire in the open on Bancroft Road, Bexhill. Crews used fire buckets and a flexpack to extinguish the fire.
- At 15:07, Bexhill firefighters attended a fire in the open on West Down Road, Bexhill. Crews used fire buckets and a flexpack to extinguish the fire.
- At 19:17, firefighters from Lewes and Brighton attended a residential home on Brighton Road, Lewes following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released one person.
- At 06:45 (11th July), firefighters from Heathfield attended High Street, Heathfield following reports of an RTC involving two vehicles. No persons were trapped and crews made the scene safe.