Incident round-up 1st January
On New Year’s Day, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
Road Traffic Collisions (RTCs)
- At 09:01, firefighters from Bexhill and Hastings attended an RTC involving one car on Gillmans Hill, St Leonards-on-Sea. One casualty was handed over in to the care of SECAMB and crews made the scene safe.
- At 13:32, crews from Battle, The Ridge and Hastings attended an RTC involving one vehicle which had hit a building. One person was trapped and extricated using hydraulic rescue equipment. The casualty was handed over in to the care of SECAMB.
- At 11:00, firefighters from Brighton, Hove, Roedean, Lewes and Hastings together with crews from West Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a fire at a residential building on Montpelier Road, Brighton. Crews used fire extinguishers to extinguish the fire which had emanated from a shower compartment. Crews administered O2 to one resident who was suffering from minor smoke inhalation. Crews then carried out a Home Safety Visit.
- At 23:33, Brighton firefighters attended a fire in the open on Kings Road, Brighton. Crews used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 11:15, firefighters from Roedean and Hove attended a hotel on Kings Road, Brighton following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released two people.
- At 13:40, firefighters from Brighton supported crews from West Sussex Fire and Rescue in attended a property on Keymer Road, Hassocks following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released all persons.
- At 16:17, Brighton firefighters attended a residential property on Bernard Road, Brighton following reports of a flooding affecting electrics. Crews isolated the flood and made the scene safe. Crews then carried out a Home Safety Visit.