Make sure you reduce the risk of fire in the home by carrying out a few simple safety checks.
It’s easy – find out how! https://www.esfrs.org/your-safety/safer-homes/
Overnight crews were called to the following incidents:
- At 14:08 yesterday (1 December) a crew were sent to a property in Hurstwood Road, Buxted, following reports of a bonfire, which was 20ft from a barn. Firefighters used one hose reel jet to prevent the fire from spreading.
- At 15.53 yesterday (1 December) crews investigated reports of a smell of possible electrical burning at a property in Solway Avenue, Brighton, and ensured there was no fire.
- At 16.32 yesterday (1December) two appliances were sent to a property in Frant Road, Tunbridge Wells, following reports of smoke in a kitchen, believed to be from a tumble dryer, or washing machine. Incident turned out to be a false alarm and firefighters ensured the property was safe.
- At 16.41 yesterday (1December) firefighters rescued a cat stuck behind a washing machine at a property in Greenbank Avenue, Saltdean, Brighton.
- At 17.14 yesterday (1 December) a crew attended an accidental rubbish fire, which was out on arrival, in Chadborn Close, Brighton.
- At 20.19 yesterday (1 December) a crew were mobilised to a car fire in Coast Road, Pevensey Bay. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
- At 2.56 this morning (1 December) firefighters were sent to a property in Selborne, Hove, which was flooded due to a burst pipe on the top floor flat.