Regularly have your chimney swept to reduce fires in the home. This warning comes following a chimney fire in Bexhill. Be Your Own Hero and take precautions to stay safe.
- At 11.59 yesterday (3 March) Bexhill firefighters were sent to Cranston Avenue, Bexhill, where they tackled a chimney fire. A chimney kit was used to tackle the fire and a Home Safety Visit was undertaken at the scene.
- At 15.11 yesterday (3 March) Wadhurst firefighters were sent to a car fire along Sparrows Green Road, in Wadhurst. They tackled the car fire, involving one vehicle, using one hose reel jet and wearing breathing apparatus.
Residents can take precautions to prevent a chimney fire in the home including making sure your chimney is swept regularly and according to the type of fuel used. Find out more on how to keep safe, if you have a chimney, along with contact details for the National Association of Chimney Sweeps, to find a reputable chimney sweep near you.
- At 17.54 yesterday (3 March) Brighton firefighters were sent to a property in North Road, Brighton, following reports of a dangerous structure, caused by loose materials over a main door. On arrival, no action was required but the area was made safe.
- At 21.40 yesterday (3 March) Brighton firefighters were sent to Birch Grove Crescent, in Brighton, following reports of loose telephone cables, which were made safe.
Road Traffic Collisions
- At 22.16 yesterday (3 March) two Hastings appliances were sent to Kent Street, Westfield, following reports of a road traffic collision involving three cars. No-one was trapped and the area was made safe by crews.
Did you know that on average 1 in 278 people are killed or injured in road traffic collisions in East Sussex every year? For advice, hints and tips on road safety click here: https://www.esfrs.org/your-safety/road-safety/