East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
Navigate

Overnight Incident round-up 1 July

Date : 01 July 2019


Look-&-Cook-Graphic.jpg

East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service is urging residents to look while they cook following cooking-related overnight incidents.

Distraction is one of the biggest causes of accidental fires within the home and it just takes a moment for a fire to start. More than half of accidental fires at home start in the kitchen. Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention, or they leave things unattended. Please stay focused while cooking.

  • At 20.30 yesterday (30 June) overheated food at a property in Latimer Road, Eastbourne, triggered a false alarm but with no fire.
  • At 21.55 yesterday (30 June) two appliances sent to a property in Fountains Close, Eastbourne, following a false alarm caused by overheated food. No fire but a Home Safety Visit was carried out at the property.

Other overnight incidents:

  • At 19.01 last night (30 June) Brighton firefighters were sent to Kings Road, in Brighton, following reports of a bin fire. Firefighters used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
  • At 19.14 yesterday (30 June) four appliances were mobilised to a property in Butchers Lane, Guestling, after reports of a fire involving a wood store, motorcycles, fence, hedgerows and the rear of a property. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire using two hose reel jets.
  • At 20.22 yesterday (30 June) two appliances were sent to a road traffic collision in Ditchling Road, Brighton, where one person was released from the vehicle and left in the care of paramedics.
  • At 20.35 yesterday (30 June) two crews called to a false alarm in Hyde Gardens, after an incense burner under a detector head caused a false alarm.
  • At 20.43 yesterday (30 June) one crew sent to Madeira Drive, in Brighton, due to a small fire in the open.
  • At 21.57 yesterday (30 June) two appliances sent to Eastern Road, in Brighton, after fumes from a deodorant can caused a false alarm. A Home Safety Visit was carried out at the property.
  • At 22.03 yesterday (30 June) firefighters were sent to rescue one seagull from the High Street, in Hastings, and the RSPCA were contacted.
  • At 00.03 this morning (1 July) firefighters were sent to Harveys Way, in Lewes, following reports of a small bin fire in the open, which had spread to a nearby property. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire using two hose reel jets.
  • At 5.06 this morning (1 July) two appliances were sent to a property in Richmond Road, Pevensey Bay, where firefighters tackle a first-floor flat fire wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet.
HSV-Box-Banner.png
Safe-Business-Box-Banner.png


Subscribe to our occasional newsletter

Find us on Twitter and Facebook and retweet or share our posts.


Please rate this page, was it:
Please rate this page!