Overnight incident round-up 10th January
Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 18:08, Eastbourne firefighters attended a residential property on Etchingham Road, Eastbourne following reports of a smell of burning and fire alarm sounding. The burning had emanated from a grill pan left unattended. Crews used a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan to clear the property of smoke.
- At 21:14, Pevensey firefighters attended Sluice Lane, Pevensey following reports of a car fire. Crews used two breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
- At 21:36, firefighters from The Ridge attended a skip fire on Main Road, Icklesham. Crews used one main jet to extinguish the fire.
- At 20:09, Brighton firefighters attended John Street, Brighton to carry out an animal rescue. Firefighters assisted in the removal of a cat stuck under the bonnet of a car. The cat was rescued and handed over in to the care of the RSPCA.