Overnight incident round-up 20th September
Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 18:48, Eastbourne firefighters attended a residential building on Old Orchard road, Eastbourne following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released three people.
- At 20:03, Bexhill firefighters attended Buckholt Lane, Bexhill following reports of a vehicle fire. Crews used a flex pack to extinguish a motorcycle fire.
- At 20:08, firefighters from The Ridge and Hastings attended a residential property on Warrior Gardens, St Leonards-on-Sea following reports of a fire. Crews rescued one resident and administered oxygen. The casualty was handed over in to the care of SECAMB. Crews used two breathing apparatus and one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish the fire.
- At 00:00, Brighton firefighters attended Ditchling Road, Brighton following an RTC. Crews made the scene safe.
- At 03:10, Brighton firefighters attended a residential property on Sussex Street, Brighton following reports of a fire. Crews used 1 in 7 foam, two Breathing Apparatus and one Hose Reel jet to extinguish a fire in a ground floor flat. One resident was handed over in to the care of SECAMB after suffering from smoke inhalation.
- At 06:33, firefighters from Heathfield, Uckfield and Crowborough attended a barn fire on Mayfield Flat, Heathfield. Crews used two Breathing apparatus and one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish the fire.