East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were called to the following overnight incidents, as well as false alarms in Eastbourne, Portslade and Hailsham:
- At 17.32 yesterday (21 July) and appliance was sent to Brickfield, in Peasmarsh, where they made safe a small BBQ fire in a yard in Brickfield, Peasmarsh.
- At 17.41 yesterday (21 July) two appliances were sent to a small fire in a derelict property in Gillsman Hill, St Leonards-on-Sea, where crews tackled the incident wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet.
- At 21.37 yesterday (21 July) firefighters were sent to Madeira Drive, in Brighton, following reports of a bush fire, which was out on arrival. No action required.
- At 23.05 yesterday (21 July) Hove firefighters were sent to Olive Road, in Hove, where they attended a road traffic collision, involving two vehicles. The crew made the scene safe.
- At 23.31 yesterday (21 July) two appliances were sent to Upper Hollingdean Road, Brighton, following reports of a man shut in a lift. However, he was released prior to their arrival.
- At 4.18 this morning (22 July) two appliances were sent to Acacia Road, in Eastbourne, where they tackled a skip fire in a driveway. Two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
- At 6.40 this morning (22 July) two crews were sent to tackle a car fire on a forecourt at Tesco Filling Station, in St Leonard's-on-Sea. Breathing apparatus was worn and one hose reel jet used to tackle the fire.