East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were called to seven false alarms in Mayfield, Hailsham, Hurst Green, Seaford, Brighton, Rye and Hastings, along with a variety of other incidents including:
- At 16.38 yesterday (23 June) two crews were sent to a property in Holly Place, Eastbourne, following reports of an overheated wire which melted in a communal stairwell light switch. Firefighters used Carbon Dioxide to tackle the fire and the electrics were isolated.
- At 18.12 yesterday (23 June) two appliances were sent to Latimer Road, Eastbourne, after a cooker fire was reported. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire and a Home Safety Visit was carried out at the scene.
- At 19.32 yesterday (23 June) a fire in the open was reported at Kingsway, in Hove, which transpired to be one accidental waste bin fire.
- At 22.14 yesterday (23 June) three appliances were sent to Churchill Road, in Lewes, where firefighters tackled a fire on two floors of a building, using two hose reel jets and wearing breathing apparatus. One man was taken to hospital for treatment. A fire investigation is being carried out today.
Fires in the home are a big problem but the good news is that many can be prevented if you can Be Your Own Hero. Find out the six simple steps to protect both yourself and your home.