Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
Road Traffic Collisions (RTCs)
- On 2nd January at 22:45, crews from Pevensey, Eastbourne, Battle and Crowborough attended an RTC on Wartling Road, Pevensey. One car had collided with a tree. Crews made the scene safe.
- On 2nd January at 23:19, Bexhill firefighters attended an RTC on Crowhurst Road, Catsfield. One car had collided with a tree. Crews made the scene safe and assisted two casualties who had minor injuries.
Did you know that on average 1 in 278 people are killed or injured in road traffic collisions in East Sussex every year? For advice, hints and tips on road safety click here: https://www.esfrs.org/your-safety/road-safety/
- On 3rd January at 19:13, firefighters from Lewes and Barcombe attended a residential property on Spences Lane, Lewes following reports of overheating electrics. Crews used a Thermal Imaging Camera to locate the source. Crews isolated the electric supply and the incident was left in the hands of UK Power Networks.
- On 3rd January at 00:55, firefighters from Roedean, Newhaven and Brighton attended a car fire on Dorothy Avenue, Peacehaven. One car was on fire on the driveway. Two further vehicles and two properties were damaged by the fire. Crews used one breathing apparatus and two high pressure hose reels to extinguish the fire. Crews then carried out a Home Safety Visit. A fire investigation is due to take place today.
- On 3rd January at 06:21, firefighters from Roedean and Newhaven attended a nursing home on Telscombe Cliffs Way, Telscombe Cliffs following reports of smoke emanating from an electrical cupboard. Crews isolated the electrics from the overheated power board and made the scene safe.
For advice, hints and tips on electrical fire safety click here: https://www.esfrs.org/your-safety/fire-safety-at-home/electrical-fire-safety/