Overnight East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were sent to a variety of incidents, including seven false alarms in Seaford, Brighton and Lewes. Crews across the service area also attended the following:
- At 17.23 yesterday (2 May) two appliances from Roedean and Brighton were sent to Whitehawk Way, in Brighton, following reports of a small fire in the kitchen. Crews made the property safe.
- At 17.47 yesterday (2 May) two crews from Crowborough and Burwash were sent to a property in Holbeam Wood, Wallcrouch, after reports of a chimney fire. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet and a specialist chimney rod to extinguish the fire. A Positive Pressure Ventiliation Fan was used to clear smoke from the building.
- At 20.40 yesterday (2 May) Crowborough firefighters were sent to Croft Road, in Crowborough, where they attended a road traffic collision. No-one was trapped and they provided assistance to ambulance crews.
- At 23.12 yesterday (2 May) Eastbourne firefighters were sent to Rydal Way, in Eastbourne, following reports of a leak in a property, which was isolated by crews
- At 1.30 this morning (3 May) Hastings firefighters were sent to Park View, in Hastings, following reports of a skip fire. A firefighter wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 6.57 this morning (3 May) two crews were sent to Davis Close, in Bexhill, after a tea towel caught fire. Upon arrival the fire was out but the property full of smoke.