Overnight Incident Round-up 30 April
Overnight, East Sussex fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 18.39 yesterday (29 April) two appliances from Brighton and Roedean were sent to John Street, in Brighton, where crews rescued five people stuck in a lift.
- At 19.26 yesterday (29 April) Bexhill firefighters were sent to a property in Cooden Drive, Bexhill, following reports of flooding. The crew made the property safe.
- At 20.04 yesterday (29 April) Hailsham firefighers were sent to Milland Road, Hailsham, due to a false alarm caused by a faulty smoke dectector.
- At 20.44 yesterday (29 April) Newhaven firefighters were sent to Fort Road, in Newhaven, following reports of a fire in the open. This transpired to be by controlled burning and advice was given at the scene.
- At 20.46 yesterday (29 April) firefighters were sent to rescue a number of pigeons caught in netting. A ladder was used to reach the birds trapped in Cantelupe Road, Bexhill.
- At 20.54 yesterday (29 April) Hove firefighters were mobilised to a flat in Sackville Road, in Hove, following reports of a fire cause by a pan of overheated fat, which was out on arrival. Advice was given at the scene.
- At 22.06 yesterday (29 April) a crew were sent to extinguish a vehicle fire, in Church Lane, Etchingham.
- At 23.13 yesterday (29 April) a crew were sent to a property in Middle Street, in Brighton, due to a false alarm, caused by fumes from deodorant.
- At 6.51 this morning (30 April) three appliances were mobilised to a large rubbish fire in London Road, St Leonards-on-Sea, which slightly affected a nearby property. One hose reel jet was used to tackle the fire.