Overnight incident round-up 30th August
Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 18:43, Brighton firefighters attended a fire in the open on Regency Square, Brighton. Crews used fire buckets to extinguish the fire.
- At 19:24, Brighton firefighters attended Beaconsfield Road, Brighton following reports of a bin fire. Crews used one Hose Reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 20:02, Eastbourne firefighters attended Longland Road, Eastbourne following reports ofa small fire in the open. Crews used a flex pack to extinguish the fire.
- At 20:34, firefighters from The Ridge and Hastings attended an RTC involving two vehicles on Old London Road, Hastings. No persons were trapped and crews made the scene safe.
- At 21:11, Roedean firefighters attended Brighton Marina Village, Brighton to carry out an animal rescue. Crews used a 10.5m ladder to access a bird which was trapped in netting. The bird was released.
- At 22:58, firefighters from Burwash and Mayfield attended a building on High Street, Ticehurst following reports of a fire. A small fire had started in an electrical intake. Crews used a Thermal Imaging Camera to source the fire and then used two Breathing Appratus and one Hoe Reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 00:28, Hastings firefighters attended Church Wood Drive, St Leonards following reports of a vehicle fire. Crews used Co2 to extinguish a motorbike fire.
- At 01:21, Lewes firefighters attended a fire in the open on Spences Lane, Lewes. Crews used fire buckets to extinguish the fire.