Overnight incident round-up 3rd April
Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 17:35, firefighters from Eastbourne attended a fire in the open on Seaside, Eastbourne. Firefighters used one bucket of water to extinguish a bin fire.
- At 18:42, Hove firefighters attended a flooding in a residential building on Brunswick Place, Hove. Crews isolated the leak and electrics. Crews then carried out a Home Safety Visit.
- At 18:45, firefighters from Hastings and The Ridge attended an RTC involving one vehicle on Lower Park Road, Hastings. One persons was released from the vehicle by crews and handed over in to the care of SECAMB.
- At 02:10, crews from Hove and Brighton attended a kitchen fire in a residential property on Cromwell Road, Hove. Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire. One resident was led to safety by firefighters.
Did you know?
- More than half of accidental fires at home start in the kitchen.
- Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.
- For advice, tips and guidance for cooking safely visit: www.esfrs.org/your-safety/safer-homes/cooking/