Overnight Incident round-up 7 May
Overnight crews attended the following incidents:
- At 17:04 yesterday (6 May) Roedean firefighters were sent to a false alarm in Upper St James St, in Brighton.
- At 17.31 yesterday (6 May) a crew were sent to Tower Street, in Heathfield, following reports of a rubbish bin fire. A flexpack was used to tackle the deliberate fire.
- At 17:58 yesterday (6 May) two appliances, including the specialist animal rescue team, were sent to Dewlands Hill, Rotherfield, after a calf became stuck in a hay feeder. No action required, as calf safely escaped.
- At 18:14 yesterday (6 May) firefighters attended a false alarm in springfield Road, Brighton.
- At 19:36 yesterday (6 May) an appliance was sent to Waldegrave Street, in Hastings, where they rescued a small pigeon trapped in netting, located on the second floor of a property. It was released and left in the care of the RSPCA.
- At 20.06 yesterday (6 May) Bexhill firefighters were sent to De La Warr Parade, in Bexhill, following reports of a rubbish bin fire, after the improper disposal of a BBQ.
- At 22.30 yesterday (6 May) two appliances were sent to Cavendish Place, in Eastbourne, following reports of a toaster fire, which was out on arrival.
- At 2.10 this morning (7 May) firefighters assisted with a lock out at a property in Rye Road, in Hastings.