East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
Navigate

Overnight incident round-up 7th February

Date : 07 February 2019


eletrical household goods.jpg

Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:

Fires

At 17:05, firefighters from Roedean and Brighton attended a fire at a residential property on Whitehawk Road, Brighton.  The fire emanated from a first floor kitchen.  Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan to extinguish the fire and ventilate the property.  Crews rescued one dog from the building.  Crews then carried out a Home Safety Visit. 

At 21:11, firefighters from The Ridge and Hastings attended a fire in a residential property on De Cham Road, St Leonards.  The fire emanated from a tumble dryer.  Crews used two breathing apparatus and CO2 to extinguish the fire.   Crews then removed the tumble dryer from the property and administered 02 and medical care to one resident. 

Electrical Fire Safety

Manufacturers occasionally recall products with potential safety problems. Sign up to alerts at www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/product-recalls/ 

For plugs and sockets, keep an eye out for the following:

  • hot plugs or sockets, scorch marks, fuses that often blow, or flickering lights - they are all are signs of loose wiring or other electrical problems
  • badly wired plugs - any coloured wires sticking out could come loose and debris could also get into the plug
  •  make sure the wires are held firmly in place inside the plug
  • overloaded sockets - plugging too many electrical appliances into one socket can lead to overheating
  • use sockets safely - it's better to use a bar adapter (multi board) on a lead than a block adaptor
  • only use one adaptor per socket - don't plug one adaptor into another and try to keep to one plug per socket

Other incidents

At 18:41, Eastbourne firefighters attended an RTC involving two cars on Pevensey Road, Eastbourne.  Crews made the scene safe.    

At 04:54, firefighters from Heathfield attended a residential property on Maynards Green Road, Horam following reports of a tree having fallen on to a house.  Crews made the scene safe and a tree surgeon was requested.          

HSV-Box-Banner.png
Safe-Business-Box-Banner.png


Subscribe to our occasional newsletter

Find us on Twitter and Facebook and retweet or share our posts.


Please rate this page, was it:
Please rate this page!