East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were called overnight to two accidental fires in the home.
- At 19.10 yesterday (19 August) crews were mobilised to a property in Warrior Square, St Leonards-on-Sea, after a resident was affected by fumes from cooking. The casualty was left in the care of paramedics and a Home Safety Visit Carried out by firefighters at the property.
- At 6.34 this morning (20 August) two appliances were sent to a garage below flats in Amherst Close, Hastings, following reports of a small rubbish fire. Firefighters used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
Do you know how to make your home safer and put measures in place to reduce the chances of a house fire?
Just a few simple checks could prevent an unwanted call-out from the fire service.
For example, do you know the answer to the following:
- How many smoke alarms you should have in your property?
- How to check and maintain your electrics?
- How to make your home safer if you are a smoker?
- How to ensure that you sleep safe every night?
Click here to find out the answers to all these questions.