Weekend incident round-up 21st and 22nd December
Over the weekend, East Sussex fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
Saturday 21st December
- At 07:09, firefighters from Lewes, Eastbourne, Seaford and Crowborough attended North Street, Alfriston following reports of a van stranded in deep water. Crews used specialist water rescue equipment to rescue two occupants of the van.
- At 08:09, Hastings firefighters attended a residential building in the Marina, St Leonards following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released one person.
- At 09:20, firefighters from Roedean and Brighton attended a residential property on St Aubyns Mead, Rottingdean following reports of a fire. Crews used two Breathing Apparatus and Co2 to extinguish a fire on the ground floor of the property. One person was handed over in to the care of SECAMB after suffering from smoke inhalation.
- At 11:45, firefighters from Lewes, Uckfield, Crowborough and Brighton attended Barcombe Mills Road, Barcombe following reports of a van stranded in deep water. Crews used specialist water rescue equipment to rescue to the driver.
- At 12:12, firefighters from The Ridge, Bexhill, Battle and Hastings attended a commercial property on Station Road, Hastings following reports of a fire. Crews used an Aerial Ladder Platform and one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish signage that had caught alight.
- At 13:37, Wadhurst firefighters attended an RTC involving one car on Riverhall Lane, Wadhurst. Crews administered oxygen to two casualties who were handed over in to the care of SECAMB. Crews made the scene safe.
- At 15:58, Hove firefighters attended a flooding in a residential property on Highlands Road, Portslade. Crews isolated the leak and carried out a Home Safety Visit.
- At 17:23, Hastings firefighters attended a fire in the open on Willingdon Avenue, St Leonards. Crews used one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish a bin fire.
- At 18:01, firefighters from Newhaven, Crowborough, Barcombe and Seaford attended Alfriston Road, Alfriston following reports of a vehicle stranded in deep water. Crews used specialist water rescue equipment to rescue two occupants of the vehicle.
Sunday 22nd December
- At 11:21, Forest Row firefighters attended a church on Lewes Road, Forest Row following reports of a flooding. Crews used a submersible pump to clear the property of flood water.
- At 14:30, Barcombe firefighters attended a flooding at a commercial property on Southerham Lane, Southerham. Crews cleared the flood water using a main pump.
- At 14:59, Newhaven firefighters attended a residential property on The Street, Firle following reports of a chimney fire. Crews used a chimney kit to extinguish the fire.