Weekend incident round-up 8th and 9th December
Over the weekend, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
Saturday 7th December
- At 04:47, Hove firefighters attended an RTC involving one car on Valley Road, Portslade. Crews made the scene safe.
- At 09:43, Crowborough firefighters attended a chimney fire at a residential property on Chelwood Gate, Nutley. Crews used a 12m later to access the chimney and used a chimney kit to extinguish the fire. Crews then carried out a Home Safety Visit.
- At 10:48, Hailsham firefighters attended Station Road, Hailsham following reports of a dangerous structure. A tree had fallen on to a telephone pole. Crews cut away branches and secured any loose wires.
- At 11:56, firefighters from The Ridge and Hastings attended Stonefield Road, Hastings following reports of a dangerous structure. Masonary was falling from a roof. Crews cordoned off the area and used an Aerial Ladder Platform to access the roof.
- At 14:20, firefighters from Lewes and Brighton attended a fire in the open on St Annes Crescent, Lewes. Crews used a flexpack to extinguish the fire.
- At 16:02, Brighton firefighters attended a residential property on The Highway, Brighton following reports of a fire. Crews used two Breathing Apparatus and one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish a fire in the bedroom of the property. Crews then used a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan to clear the property of smoke.
- At 18:08, Brighton firefighters attended a fire in the open on West Drive, Queens Park, Brighton. Crews used fire buckets to extinguish the fire.
- At 19:58, Hove firefighters attended a fire in the open on Old Barn Way, Southwick. Crews used a flexpack to extinguish the fire.
- At 22:17, Eastbourne firefighters attended a building on Upperton Road, Eastbourne following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released two people.
Sunday 8th December
- At 13:25, firefighters from Rye and The Ridge attended anRTc involving three vehicles on A268 Rye Road, Playden. No persons were trapped. Crews made the scene safe.
- At 15:26, Eastbourne firefighters attended Oaklealf Drive, Polegate following reports of a dangerous structure. A vehicle had hit a 7ft garden wall with substantial damage. Crews cordoned off the area and made the scene safe.
- At 18:41, Brighton fireifighters attended a chimney fire on Whippingham Road, Brighton. Crews used a Thermal Imaging Camera to source the fire and chimney kit to extinguish the fire. Crews then carried out a Home Safety Visit.