Incident round-up 24 February 2020
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service attended the following overnight incidents:
- At 09:01 yesterday (23 February) Bexhill firefighters were sent to Coombe Valley Way, in Bexhill, after reports of a trampoline being blown out of garden onto Coombe Valley Way. Police were already in attendance and the trampoline had been removed.
- At 14.11 yesterday (23 February) three appliances were mobilised to Lewes Road, Wilmington, following reports of a road traffic collision involving one car and an electricity box. Firefighters rescued the casualty who was then left in the care of paramedics.
- At 17:08 yesterday (23 February) three appliances were sent to Barons Walk, in Lewes, due to a small electrical fire in an oven, which was out on arrival. Firefighters used a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan to clear smoke from the building.
- At 17:12 yesterday (23 February) firefighters were sent to Oast Hose Field, Icklesham, where they rescued one person from a lift.
- At 19:45 yesterday (23 February) a crew were sent to a property in Clarendon Villas, Hove, following reports of flooding. The leak was isolated prior to the arrival of crews and no action was taken.
- At 01:16 this morning (24 February) two crews were sent to a barn fire in Lydd Road, Camber, which contained around 50 tonnes of straw. Firefighters used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire and spent time damping down the surrounding bulidings.At 04:51 this morning (24 February) Bexhill firefighters attended a fire in the open in Buxton Drive, in Bexhill. Firefighters used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.