Overnight incident round-up 13th February
Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
- At 17:23, Bexhill firefighters attended a chimney fire at a residential property on Woodgate Avenue, Bexhill. Crews used a chimney kit to extinguish the fire.
- At 18:19, Roedean firefighters attended a flooding at a residential building on Chadborn Close, Brighton. Crews isolated the leak and gave advice to the residents.
- At 18:55, Wadhurst firefighters attended an RTC involving two vehicles on Mayfield Road, Frant. No persons were trapped. Crews made the scene safe.
- At 19:56, firefighters from Hastings and Broad Oak attended a residential building on Marina, St Leonards-On-Sea following reports of persons shut in a lift. Crews released one person.
- At 20:01, firefighters from Newhaven and Seaford attended a vehicle fire on The Street, Wilmington. Crews used two Breathing Apparatus and one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish the fire. No persons were trapped.
- At 03:53, Brighton firefighters attended a vehicle fire on A27 slip road (Patcham). Crews made the scene safe and the incident was handed over to Sussex Police.
- At 04:11, firefighters from Roedean, Brighton and Hove attended a residential property on Laybourne Close, Brighton following reports of a fire. Crews used four Breathing Apparatus and two Hose Reel Jets to extinguish the fire. One person was handed over in to the care of SECAMB. A Fire Investigation is due to take place later on today.
- At 04:12, Newhaven firefighters were called to attend a dangerous structure at an industrial estate on Norton Road, Newhaven. Crews secured one large unattached sheet of Perspex.
- At 04:50, Eastbourne firefighters attended a flooding in a residential property on St Aubyns Road, Eastbourne. Crews ensured the scene was safe and gave advice to residents.
At 06:35, firefighters from Crowborough, Forest Row and Uckfield were called to attend a residential property on Highgate Road, Forest Row following reports of a fire in the ground floor of the property.Crews used four Breathing Apparatus and two Hose Reel Jets to extinguish the fire. The fire emanated from a fuse box. There were no casualties. Crews extinguished the fire, made the scene safe and requested utility services to attend the property.