Overnight Incident Round-Up 2 March
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service attended a variety of overnight incidents:
- At 18.58 yesterday (1 March) two appliances were sent to a property in Blois Road, Lewes, following reports of a fire on a hob, which was out on arrival. A Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan was sued to clear smoke from the building.
- At 19.15 yesterday (1 March) an appliance was sent to a property in York Road, Brighton, following reports of flooding of a building affecting several properties. An Emergency Planning Officer was contacted to arrange accommodation for the two families affected by the flooding.
- At 19.53 yesterday (1 March) an appliance was sent to deal with a chimney fire in Main Street, Beckley, where they tackled the incident with a specialist kit.
- At 21.18 yesterday (1 March) an appliance attended a small vehicle fire in Park Street, Brighton, where firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the incident using two hose reel jets.
- At 23.39 yesterday (1 March) an appliance was sent to a small bin fire in the open in Ivy Terrace, Eastbourne, where one hose reel jet was used to tackle the fire.
- At 00.38 this morning (2 March) an appliance was sent to a small wheelie bin fire in Sea Road, Bexhill, where they used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
- At 4.08 this morning (2 March) firefighters rescued a cat stuck under a pontoon in Brighton Marina, in Brighton, which was left in the care of Marina security.