East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service attended the following overnight incidents:
- At 16:00 yesterday (20 January) a crew were sent to a small vehicle fire in Crowborough Hill, Crowborough. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
- At 16:48 yesterday (20 January) firefighters were sent to a small fire, which was out on arrival, in Pensford Drive, Eastbourne.
- At 17:56 yesterday (20 January) Bexhill firefighters assisted at a property in the Marina, following flooding, where they isolated the water supply.
- At 18:19 yesterday (20 January) two appliances were sent to a property in Marine Parade, in Brighton, where they rescued one person from a lift.
- At 19.55 yesterday (20 January) Roedean firefighters assisted a member of the public with the removal of a ring at the fire station.
- At 02:30 this morning (21 January) four appliances were sent to a flat in Sackville Road, in Bexhill. Crews tackled a fire in flat on the first-floor of the property wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets. The fire was extinguished and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the building. The occupier was led to safety and left in the care of the ambulance crew.
Please continue to help us reduce false alarms, which we attended overnight in Eastbourne, Rye, Brighton and Westfield. Find out what you can do to assist by clicking here.