Overnight, East Sussex Fire and Rescue attended a variety of incidents:-
Road traffic collisions
· At 16:24, (9th December) Crowborough and Forest Row firefighters attended an RTC on Chuck Hatch Road, Hartfield. One person was handed over in to the care of SECAMB and crews made the scene safe.
· At 16:31, (9th December) Lewes firefighters attended an RTC on Cliffe Industrial Estate, Lewes. Crews made the scene safe.
· At 05:06, (10th December) Preston Circus and Hove firefighters attended an RTC on Portland Road, Hove. Crews made the scene safe.
The Fatal Four
These are the most common causes of road accidents. Take the advice and stay safe on the road.
Drivers and riders who are travelling at inappropriate speeds are more likely to crash
Using a mobile phone whilst driving
Using a hand-held or hands-free mobile phone whilst driving is a significant distraction.
Not wearing a seatbelt
Seatbelts are designed to retain people in their seats, and so prevent or reduce injuries suffered in a crash.
Often it is an innocent person who suffers, not the driver who is drink/drug driving
Other incidents Wednesday 9th December
· At 15:33, firefighters from Eastbourne attended a car fire on Samoa Way, Eastbourne. Firefighters used one breathing apparatus and one Hose Reel to extinguish the fire.
· At 19:39, firefighters from The Ridge attended a fire on Old Top Road, Brighton. Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and one Hose Reel to extinguish the fire.
· At 20:10, firefighters from Newhaven attended a fire on South Coast Road, Telscombe Cliffs. Firefighters used one Hose Reel to extinguish the fire.