Don’t forget to keep kitchen safe as these types of fires creep back up across East Sussex and the City of Brighton & Hove.
Recently we celebrated the lowest ever number of accidental fires recorded in the home across East Sussex and the City of Brighton & Hove.
However, yesterday our crews were called to four cooking-related fires:
- At 13.25 yesterday (9 November) two appliances were sent to a flat in Park Lane, Eastbourne, after smoke from overheated food set off a fire alarm.
- At 14.02 yesterday (9 November) firefighters were sent to a small cooking fire in Rotunda Road, Eastbourne, which was out on arrival. Advice was given to the occupant.
- At 14.39 yesterday (9 November) a crew were sent to a flat in Sutherland Avenue, Bexhill, due to a fire alarm sounding, set off by overheated food.
- At 16.52 yesterday (9 November) two appliances were sent to a cooker fire in Sherbourne Road, Hove, following reports of a kitchen fire. Carbon Dioxide was used to tackle the fire and firefighters donned breathing apparatus. An ambulance was requested for one female and one male, who were suffering from smoke inhalation. A Home Safety Visit was carried out at the property.
Keep yourself up-to-date with the latest safety advice from East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service to protect yourself against fires in the home and remember to always ‘Look While You Cook’.