East Sussex Fire Authority will discuss whether to go out for consultation on a number of proposals to enhance how East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service responds to risk.
An online Extraordinary meeting is planned for 23 April 2020.
The Planning for a Safer Future proposals are part of a regular planning process to find out what risks exist in our communities and what the Service should do to keep people safe.
- Crewing – we’ve looked at the shift patterns worked by our firefighters
- Fire engines – we’ve looked at the type and number of fire engines we have
- Expanding the building safety and prevention work we do in communities
- Reducing 999 calls – we’ve looked at how we can engage with the community and with businesses
- Non-emergency calls – we’ve looked at whether we should still go to some kinds of calls, such as bird rescues, where no human life is at risk
The papers can be found at: https://esfrs.moderngov.co.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=136&MId=333&Ver=4
You can listen to this Virtual Meeting. To Join visit
OR call +44-20-7660-8149 at 10.00 am
If the consultation is approved, a survey will be open from 24 April 2020 for 8 weeks. The findings of the consultation would be considered at a Fire Authority meeting in September 2020.