East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service logo
Navigate

Tumble dryer fire- Seaford

Date : 09 September 2020


Tumble dryer.jpg Member of public

We are urging everyone to check if their electrics are in order following a tumble dryer fire yesterday. 

On 8th September at 14:39, we were called to attend a fire at a residential property on Stoke Manor Close, Seaford.  Crews from Newhaven and Eastbourne attended.  The cause of the fire was a faulty tumble dryer.  Crews used a CO2 extinguisher to extinguish the fire.  One resident was handed over in to the care of SECAMB after suffering from smoke inhalation. 

Electrical Fire Safety

We are urging everyone to check their electrics in order to reduce the risk of fire for your family or housemates.  You can pick up some useful tips and advice on electrical safety here: www.esfrs.org/your-safety/safer-homes/electrical-fire-safety/

Register Your Appliance

Did you know that you can register your electrical appliances here: www.registermyappliance.org.uk.  Once registered, you will receive vital information on product recalls and possible faulty appliances.  

HSV-Box-Banner.png
Safe-Business-Box-Banner.png


Subscribe to our occasional newsletter

Find us on Twitter and Facebook and retweet or share our posts.


Please rate this page, was it:
Please rate this page!