Weekend incident round-up 16th and 17th May
Over the weekend, East Sussex Fire and Rescue were called to a variety of incidents:-
Saturday 16th May
- At 18:36, Hastings firefighters attended a van fire on King Edward Avenue, Hastings. Crews used two Breathing Apparatus to combat the fire.
- At 19:10, Seaford firefighters attended a property on Broad Street, Seaford following reports of a bird trapped in netting. Crews used a 12m ladder to rescue the bird. The seagull was handed over in to the care of wildlife rescue.
- At 19:24, Uckfield firefighters attended Heathfield Road, Five Ashes following reports of a bus shelter alight. Crews used one Hose Reel to extinguish the fire.
Sunday 17th May
- At 00:00, Bexhill firefighters attended a fire in the open on Woodville Road, Bexhill. Crews used fire buckets to extinguish the fire.
- At 10:40, Brighton firefighters attended a bin fire on Lewes Road, Brighton. Crews used one Hose Reel to extinguish the fire.
- At 17:58, firefighters from Bexhill and Eastbourne attended an RTC involving two vehicles on Southbourne Road, Eastbourne. One person was extricated from a vehicle and handed over in to the care of SECAMB.
- At 21:06, firefighters from Hove and Brighton attended a fire in a commercial building on Dolphin Road, Shoreham. Crews used two Breathing Apparatus and one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish the fire and then ventilated the property using a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan. The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.
- At 22:11, Crowborough firefighters attended a fire in the open on Uckfield Road, Herons Ghyll. Crews used one Hose Reel Jet to extinguish a large unattended bonfire.