East Sussex Fire Authority has elected Cllr Roy Galley as Chairperson and Cllr Carolyn Lambert as Vice Chairperson at its meeting at County Hall Lewes on 15 June 2021.
Five new members were welcomed Councillor Abul Azad (Bexhill), Councillor Nuala Geary (Bexhill), Councillor Sorrell Marlow-Eastwood (Hastings – St Leonards), Councillor Wendy Maples (Lewes) and Councillor Paul Redstone (Rother) who have joined the Authority.
The Authority is also welcoming back Councillor Chris Dowling, Councillor Sarah Osborne, Councillor Phil Scott, Councillor Barry Taylor and Councillor David Tutt.
What does a Fire Authority do?
The primary duties of the Fire Authority are:
• To provide a Fire Service and to ensure its efficiency
• To provide the efficient training of members of the Service
• To ensure that efficient mobilising and communications arrangements exist
• To make arrangements to obtain information needed for firefighting purposes
• To make arrangements to ensure that the steps are taken to mitigate damage to property through firefighting
• To make arrangements to provide fire safety advice
• To make arrangements to give mutual assistance to other Fire Services
• To ensure that adequate water supplies are available for firefighting purposes
Find out more about the Fire Authority: https://www.esfrs.org/about-us/east-sussex-fire-authority/
The full agenda for the meeting and minutes from previous meetings, can be found here.