East Sussex Fire Authority will be returning to County Hall, Lewes on Tuesday 15th June for their annual meeting.
Throughout lockdown, Fire Authority meetings have taken place virtually and this meeting will be the first one in person since lockdown measures were introduced.
During this meeting, the Authority will be electing a Chair and Vice-Chair for the forthcoming year. We also will be welcoming five new members to the Fire Authority:-
- Councillor Abul Azad – Conservative (Bexhill)
- Councillor Nuala Geary – Conservative (Bexhill)
- Councillor Sorrell Marlow-Eastwood – Conservative (Hastings – St Leonards)
- Councillor Wendy Maples – Green (Lewes)
- Councillor Paul Redstone – Conservative (Rother)
What does a Fire Authority do?
The primary duties of the Fire Authority are:
- To provide a Fire Service and to ensure its efficiency
- To provide the efficient training of members of the Service
- To ensure that efficient mobilising and communications arrangements exist
- To make arrangements to obtain information needed for firefighting purposes
- To make arrangements to ensure that the steps are taken to mitigate damage to property through firefighting
- To make arrangements to provide fire safety advice
- To make arrangements to give mutual assistance to other Fire Services
- To ensure that adequate water supplies are available for firefighting purposes
Find out more about the Fire Authority: https://www.esfrs.org/about-us/east-sussex-fire-authority/
The full agenda for the meeting and minutes from previous meetings, can be found here.