East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service is urging local nightclubs to think about fire safety as they prepare to open their doors when covid restrictions lift on 19 July 2021.
Jon Lee from the service’s Business Safety team said:
“We know that many nightclubs and businesses will be welcoming crowds over the summer and we want everyone to stay safe. The last thing anyone would want is to have to close again because of a fire.”
“If your business is reopening after lockdown, you may have new staff, rotas, business processes, Covid-safe control measures and evacuation arrangements, so you should review your existing fire risk assessment and record any changes,”
ESFRS also recommends that businesses ensure that:
- All fire safety equipment, such as alarms and extinguishers, are working and maintained
- Any safe-distancing measures do not obscure fire exits or any signage
- Staff are trained on evacuation procedures and using fire safety equipment
- Any waste that has piled up is removed
- Control measures are in place so that your business is Covid safe.
Find out more....