At 09:58 this morning (31st January), East Sussex Fire & Rescue were called to attend a mobile home on The Street, Offham following reports of a fire.
Firefighters from Lewes and Preston Circus (Brighton) attended. Firefighters rescued two dogs from the mobile home and used Breathing Apparatus and one Hose Reel to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire was deemed accidental. A heater had been knocked over and nearby bedding caught alight.
Once the fire had been extinguished, crews carried out a Home Safety Visit and issued fire safety advice to nearby occupants of the area.
For advice, tips and guidance on fire safety in caravans and mobile homes, please visit: Caravans ¦ East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service (esfrs.org)