Families across East Sussex and Kent are invited to come along to a Water Savvy Fun Day on Saturday, 16 June, at Bewl Water, Tunbridge Wells.
What's on - on the water
Live demonstrations will be taking place on the water throughout the day:
- 10.30am: Splashpals display - See huge Newfoundland dogs in action, rescuing people from the water. After their display they'll be sticking around for a meet and greet! Come along for cuddle with these gentle giants
- 11.30am: Animal rescue demo - The Animal Rescue Unit from East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service will be giving a live demonstration of how they save large animals stuck in water or mud. See the impressive kit and machinery in action.
- 12.30am: Rescue exercise - Expert water rescue units from KFRS and ESFRS will be putting their skills into action to rescue someone 'stranded in the reservoir'. Bewl Water crosses the border between East Sussex and Kent, and therefore crews from both fire services will be working together to demonstrate rescue techniques.
- 1.30pm: Fire service challenge - Firefighters from Kent and East Sussex will be going head to head in a rescue race. Let's see which crew rescues their casualty from the water and gets back to land first - all on an inflatable raft! Who will you be cheering on?
What's on - on land
There'll be fun activities happening between 10am - 2pm in the Water Savvy Village (lower car park), Water Savvy Arena (grass slope down to the water), and Water Savvy Kids' Zone (function room by the café). Hot and cold food and drink will be available to buy from The Waterfront Café.
- Water Savvy Village
- Climb aboard a fire engine
- Dress up in firefighting gear
- Step into virtual reality and experience what it's like to be in trouble in water
- Hook a duck
- Pick up an activity sheet and play 'spot the duck'
- Crazy golf - £2 per person or £6 for a family of 4
- Bike hire - £11 per bike per hour
Water Savvy Arena
- Climb aboard a water rescue boat
- Have-a-go at using a throwline - a useful skill to have if you ever see someone in trouble in water and there's public rescue equipment nearby
- Learn how to give CPR - an important skill that could help you to save a life
- Meet and greet with the Splashpals Newfoundland dogs (from 11.30am)
- Meet Buzz, KFRS' search and rescue puppy
- Pedalow hire - £10 for 30 minutes, up to 4 people
- Bewl Belle boat trips - £6 for adults, £4 for children, 40 minutes
- Feel free to have a picnic in this area
- Water Savvy Kids' Zone
- Soft play
- Badge making
- Interactive water safety floor mats
- Face painting - payable
- £3 per vehicle as per standard parking charges at Bewl Water
Latest Update : 14 May 2018