We support The Fire Fighters Charity in many ways – and we’d like your help.
Special clothing recycling banks are now available at eight community fire stations
What to Donate
While the Charity will accept adults and children’s clothing, did you know it can also accept socks, coats, underwear, paired shoes, handbags, bed linen, towels and curtains to name just a few.
Unfortunately, they can’t recycle duvets or pillows (but your nearest animal shelter may be grateful for them), nor can they take bric-a-brac or uniforms.
Not only will it help raise money but it means less goes into landfill. Around 350,000 tonnes of clothing is discarded in household waste every year. This is around £140 million worth of used but still wearable clothing.
With a few exceptions, most of this could be processed by our textiles recycling, either being resold or turned into industrial production.
Where to Donate
- Barcombe - Weald View, Barcombe, East Sussex, BN8 5AZ
- Battle - London Road, Battle, East Sussex, TN33 0EE
- Broad Oak - Northiam Road, Broad Oak, Brede, East Sussex, TN31 6EP
- Mayfield - Tunbridge Wells Road, Mayfield, East Sussex TN20 6PJ
- Pevensey - Lyons Close, Pevensey, East Sussex, BN24 5LA
- The Ridge (Hastings) - The Ridge, Ore, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 2AD
- Rye - Ferry Road, East Sussex, TN31 7DJ
- Seaford - Cradle Hill Road, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 3JA
About the charity
The Fire Fighters Charity supports past or present member of the UK’s dedicated fire services community. It is almost entirely funded through donations from the fire community and public. They take time to fully understand the mental, physical and social needs, whatever the primary reason for someone reaching out for support.