Want to know what’s happening in your area?
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/eastsussexfrs/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/EastSussexFRS
- TikTok - @eastsussexfire https://www.tiktok.com/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/eastsussexfrs/
Our social media pages are places where you can get to know us better, receive updates about incidents, see more about what we do in your communities and get important information and advice. We want it to be a place where everyone feels safe and able to contribute to discussions, so we have a number of rules covering what we won’t accept. These rules are subject to change.
Comments and private messages
We love talking to you and welcome your feedback but please do not post any comment or message that:
1. Is abusive, defamatory, threatening, racist, homophobic, obscene, sexist, discriminatory, religiously offensive or generally rude. This includes anything containing profanities, which will be automatically hidden.
2. Includes links to anything considered to be spam or malicious software (phishing, spyware, etc.) or are notably unrelated to the original post.
3. Includes false or misleading information.
4. Violates any UK law or regulation, including copyright law and intellectual property rights.
5. Are persistent or repetitive (nuisance or malicious), the volume of which could affect our service to other people.
6. Breaches Facebook Terms of Service. The Terms of Service can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/
7. Breaches Twitter Terms of Service. The Terms of Service can be found here: https://twitter.com/en/tos
You are responsible for what you write, and anything you write is public. Any views you express on our page are yours and not those of East Sussex Fire and Rescue. We do not endorse or support any opinions made on our page other than those made by us.
Breaching our rules
- We will hide messages which we believe breach our rules.
- If your comment breaches our rules you will be warned only once, if you breach them again you risk being banned from our page.
- If your comment/message violates UK law it will be recorded and we will forward details on to the relevant agency to investigate.
- If your comments/messages result in a breach of rule 5 you may be liable to prosecution under the Malicious Communications Act, Sec. 5 of the Public Order Act.
Reporting breaches of Facebook Terms and Policies
Reporting breaches of Twitter Terms of Service
If you’ve seen something on Twitter that you think is wrong and breaches their terms and policies, you should contact Twitter here: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-report-violation
Reporting fires or requesting help with an incident
Please do not use our social media pages to report a fire or to request help with an incident. If you need to report something to us please call 999 in an emergency or for non-emergency enquiries, please call 0303 999 1000.
Our Twitter Accounts
- @EastSussexFRS - Our main Twitter account
- @CFOESFRS - Updates from our Chief Fire Officer
- @ESFRSHoveStnCdr - Updates from Hove
- @BurwashFireSTN - Updates from Burwash Community Fire Station
- @esfrsEducation - Updates from our Education Team
- @ESFRSCommVols - Updates from our volunteers
- @SaferBusinesses - Offering free Introduction to Business Fire Safety Courses
- @cityInclusion - Inclusion & Partnership City of Brighton 7 Hove
- @BattleESFRS - Updates from Battle Community Fire Station
- @BexhillFire - Updates from Bexhill Community Fire Station
Our Facebook Accounts
- Our main account
- East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service Business Safety
- Heathfield Community Fire Station
- Intervention and Incident Reduction Team
- Friends of Crowborough Fire Station
- ESFRS Trainee Firefighter
- Rye Community Fire Station
- ESFRS Large Animal Rescue
- ESFRS Swift Water Rescue Team
- ESFRS Brighton & Hove
- East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service Community Volunteers
- East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service - Safe Drive Stay Alive