East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
Telephone - 0303 999 1000
Fax - 01323 725 574
Minicom - 01323 462 003
A complaint is a representation from a member of the public or an organisation that the Service has either failed to do something, done something wrong or acted unfairly or discourteously.
Matters exceeding more than 12 months prior to the complaint being submitted will not be dealt with unless there are good reasons for the delay.
Please read our 'How to Complain' booklet for further information. If you want to complain please either:-
- Write to the Service Complaints Officer at the above address, or
- Telephone the Service Complaints Officer on the number above, or
- Email details to the Service Complaints Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Conduct Complaint
The Authority is responsible for considering complaints that a Member may have breached the Code of Conduct.
If you want to complain about the conduct of a Member of the Fire Authority you must submit your complaint in writing to:-
The Standards Panel, East Sussex Fire Authority, at the above address
While you are not obliged to do so, you may wish to submit your complaint on the form provided below form and, if you know it, specify the section of the Code alleged to have been breached.
Bogus Fund Raising Calls
Bogus Fund Raising phone calls from people claiming to be from, or working on behalf of the Fire & Rescue Service are becoming increasingly common.
The callers target people and organisations and encourage them to invest large sums of money in supposed good causes or advertising on the basis of a fraudulent connection to the Fire & Rescue Service.
Our advice is:
- Always take a name.
- Always take a telephone contact number.
- Never make a payment or commitment without taking time to think about the offer (Where the caller or person applies pressure for a quick deal, fails to be cooperative or refuses any information, this behaviour should indicate an unreliable situation).
- If in doubt inform Trading Standards (the Fire & Rescue Service cannot make complaints on behalf of other people).
Latest Update : 04 April 2022