East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our services. The privacy notice explains how we use information about you in relation to your pension scheme and how we protect your privacy. The processing of personal information is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the "GDPR") and Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018.
All EU (including UK) organisations must comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from 25 May 2018. Prior to this date, UK organisations were governed by the Data Protection Act (DPA). The GDPR builds on the existing DPA in order to respond to advances in technology, making accountabilities for Data Protection clearer, provide greater rights to ‘data subjects’ (individuals who organisations hold personal information for) and increase the size of fines that can be levied in the event of a personal information breach.
Legislation sets out the data protection principles which are that personal information shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal information, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and information privacy for individuals.
The privacy notice contains all contact information should you have any concerns in relation to the data we hold on you.
Latest Update : 31 March 2020