‘Safety in Action’ events encourage children to recognise hazards and take action to keep themselves and others safe.
This project is coordinated by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service, working with other emergency services and other agencies.
The agencies create simulated scenarios to allow children to think about safe responses to a variety of different situations.
The project is aimed at year 6 children (age 10 and 11 years) – before they make the step to secondary school and greater independence.
We invite all primary, independent and special need, and home educated children to attend these events in Hastings, Rother, Lewes, Wealden, Eastbourne, Brighton and Hove. There is no charge for attending the event. Nearly 6000 children attend each year. Scenarios included fire safety, road safety, water safety, first aid, railway, internet safety and electrical safety.
Spaces are now available for events in 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Monday 22nd – Thursday 25th May – Sports Park, East Sussex College, Eastbourne
- Monday 12th – Friday 16th June - Bowles Outdoor Centre
- Monday 26th – Friday 30th June – The Ridge Fire Station, Hastings
- Monday 10th – Friday 14th July – Hove Community Fire Station.
- Monday 18th September – Friday 22nd September – Bushy Wood Activity Centre, Hailsham
- Monday 2nd October – Friday 6th October, Newhaven Fort.