‘Safety in Action’ events encourage children to recognise hazards and take action to keep themselves and others safe.
This project is coordinated by East Sussex Fire and Rescue service, working with other emergency services and other agencies.
The agencies create simulated scenarios to allow children to think about safe responses to a variety of different situations.
The project is aimed at year 6 children (age 10 and 11 years) – before they make the step to secondary school and greater independence.
We invite all primary, independent and special need, and home educated children to attend these events in Hastings, Rother, Lewes, Wealden, Eastbourne, Brighton and Hove.
Nearly 6000 children attend each year. Scenarios included fire safety, road safety, water safety, first aid, railway, internet safety and electrical safety.
Forthcoming Safety in Action events:
- 7th to 11th October 2019 – Eastbourne Sports Park
- Bexhill Fire station – Date TBC
- Hastings Fire station, Bohemia Road – Date TBC
- Newhaven Fort, near Lewes – Date TBC
- Herstmonceux Castle – Date TBC
- Bowles Outdoor Centre, Crowborough – Date TBC
- Hove/Brighton – Date TBC
Latest Update : 12 August 2019