‘Safety in Action’ events encourage children to recognise hazards and take action to keep themselves and others safe.
This project is coordinated by East Sussex Fire and Rescue service, working with other emergency services and other agencies.
The agencies create simulated scenarios to allow children to think about safe responses to a variety of different situations.
The project is aimed at year 6 children (age 10 and 11 years) – before they make the step to secondary school and greater independence.
We invite all primary, independent and special need, and home educated children to attend these events in Hastings, Rother, Lewes, Wealden, Eastbourne, Brighton and Hove.
Nearly 6000 children attend each year. Scenarios included fire safety, road safety, water safety, first aid, railway, internet safety and electrical safety.
Forthcoming Safety in Action events:
- 11th to 15th March 2019 – Bexhill Fire station
- 25th to 29th March 2019 – Hastings Fire station, Bohemia Road
- 20th to 23rd May 2019 – Newhaven Fort, near Lewes
- 3rd to 7th June 2019 - Herstmonceux Castle
- 17th to 21st June 2019 - Bowles Outdoor Centre, Crowborough
- 8th to 12th July 2019 – Hove/Brighton – venue TBC
- 7th to 11th October 2019 – Eastbourne, Venue TBC
Latest Update : 17 October 2018